Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday....Hormonally Yours..

Well, it's the first Sunday of the new year. This holiday season has hit me hard. I'm really depressed and homesick, so this is gonna be short. It's funny....this time last year I was sad because I wasn't in TX, and now I'm sad because I'm not in NM. I just miss my mother and sister.

I went to church tonight, then out to Austin Recovery for the alumni meeting. I started balling on the way home...lol...I'm like a menopausal woman these days. I cry at the drop of a hat! What got me was just the warmth and gratitude I felt as I was leaving AR. That place saved my life. It's a really big emotional comfort-zone for me. The meeting was fantastic and wonderful and uplifting. Very occasionally, I see different guys that I used to know. Most of my old recovery friends are gone...either dead or faded into limbo, and that's a sad fact for me, but I'm still here...I'm still alive, which given what I've been through these last 10 years is a monumentous miracle.

That's all I have for tonight....just gratitude to God, to Austin Recovery and places like it that save lives...here come the tears....lol....

Blessings,

Michael


Betty Butterfield visits the Uniterians

No comments: