Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Strange world.....

You really can find anything on the internet.

Rectal Foreign Bodies - This is a website about things people have gotten stuck in their butts and then had to have surgically removed. Some of you may be wondering why I was reading this. Well, because it's there, that's why. It posts real cases from medical journals and X-ray pictures. Some of the stories are funny too. Not just the things people put up there (a frozen pig's tail?), but the excuses they give doctors for how they got there in the first place.


Like the 65-year old man who was taking a shower with his dog and a peanut butter jar, when he slipped and fell onto the jar. He must fallen hard because the jar was like 8-cm diameter, but it just went right up there. Hey, I'm not laughing. I'm sure this happens to lots of people. Once I was showering with my dog and a basketball and the same thing happened! One moment, I was singing in the shower and next thing I know, I slipped and...FWOOOP! I had a basketball in my ass.

What could be more embarrassing than a peanut butter jar? When the doctors call in the bomb squad to build a steel box around some guy's ass because he stuck a live artillery shell in there. How do you explain that to your friends and family? I don't think there's anything you can say. Maybe "I was drunk and my buddies thought it would be funny..." or "I was showering with my dog and a live artillery shell and slipped..."

It's a strange, strange world.

No comments: