Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Update.....


Wow...time has really flown by. I've been to busy to sit down and write. My new job is going well. I'm still orienting with another nurse, and I'm really getting ready to be done with orientation and get out on my own. I work with some really nice people. There is a large number of African nurses where I work. I noticed this a couple of years ago when I was living and working here. There was a great influx of Filipino nurses for several years, and then the Africans started coming in. They're a really wonderful people...very hardworking, honest, and faith-filled people. They are always smiling and laughing.

I missed the Rosie O'Donnell variety show....I had to work that night. I don't really know how it went, but I'm sure it was a travesty.

Thanksgiving was really nice. We had dinner in the afternoon, and then when I went to work that night, we had dinner again. The African girls brought some of their native foods, and we also had turkey, of course. Eating the African fod was a realy great experience. The flavors were intense and completely different....nothing like I'd tasted before.

I've been spending quite a bit of time with my friend and roommate Brian. He's a great guy...funny, entertaining, and a caring friend. I had a date the other night...the first one in a LONG time. It was very nice....I'm afraid to say much about him for fear of jinxing the whole thing. Well, it's almost 6:00 am and I'm really starting to get sleepy. On my nights off, I pretty much just stay up all night and sleep during the day to keep my body in synch. That's all I have to report on my life at the moment.....I'm feeling very blessed.
Brian

No comments: