Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Still Cool........



It's a beautiful day...warm, sunny. I love Austin weather. Today I decided to treat myself. I'm here at Bouldin Creek Coffee House, sitting outside having a lovely mocha-feeze and smoking my clove cigarettes...being cool with all the cool people here....lol....I love this place. I'm "communing" with Austin's "cool" community, the bohemians this city is so famous for. Leslie's even here! I hadn't seen Leslie in years. For a description of exactly who Leslie is, see my old post, "Viva la Leslie."

Several years ago, I wrote a bit in my other blog called "Terminally Cool." It was something of a tirade, actually. Can't remember exactly what set it off. Anyway, the "Terminally Cool" are an offshoot of an old phrase I coined in college...the Mock Intense. These are cool cats and chicks who take themselves and their uniqueness way too seriously. Austinites, and other cool individuals such as myself (not Terminally Cool!) know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm really glad to be back in this environment, actually. I'm SO happy to be out of New Mexico and back in this city! Let them be as intellectual, overly philosophic and intense as they want. They're part of Austin and I love them.

No comments: