Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday

It's a beautiful day...the cold front that swept through the area finally swept out. I've been sitting out in the sun...watching the squirrels play. I know....pretty mundane and boring, but I like the simple life at the moment. My life is pretty much 12 step meetings and cofee, conversation and music right now, which beats crack and vodka believe me. It's a Big Redneck Weding day...enjoying laughing at those less socially astute than myself.....that's a nice way of putting it, isn't it?

I'm going to Austin Recovery's main campus tonight for a little church service/12 step program they put on every Sunday. I spent 90 days there 4 years ago. It was one of the best expereinces of my life. Boys, friends, good food.....what else does anyone need? Found a great sponsor this week at my home group, Bouldin. We had cofee and food last night and discussed philosophy, religion, and the insanity of addiction. He's a great guy and I'm looking forward to working with him.





You'll never work in this town again.....



Starting a serious job hunt tomorrow. Unfortunately, I burned some bridges a couple of years ago, so my options are limited some, not too much though. The great thing about being a nurse is that you can always pretty much write your own ticket. It's such a broad field, you can find your niche in many different settings.

I was intending to go the church today, but I overslept. Went to sleep on the couch last night. Woke up about five and stumbled into bed....it all went down hill from there. However....I do have Betty's expereince with the Baptists to learn from.....

Betty Butterield visits......The Baptists




Remember! No Sex on Sunday! God said so!
Kisses....
Michael

No comments: