Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Now

I've realized that I've been living in my past too much...sort of a waking dream, not really facing the reality of being back here in this town. I've been rolling in misery and boredom and self pity and denial. It's time to cowboy up, as my friends say, and get on with it. I put in an application at the university clinic, should find out about that job by Friday. I have options, not alot, but nurses always have more job options than alot of people. I'm fortunate to have an always in-demand career. So...my goal for this week is to have a job by Friday. I have bills like you wouldn't believe and car/insurance payments....blah...

The sun is out today! It's been cold and snowey for days...ugly gray and drab. The weather really seems to influence my mood and outlook. I feel really positive and hopeful today, ready to take on the world and make a life here, such as it might be. I'm enjoying chatting with a great guy...hopefully going to meet him next weekend. I'm nervous....but excited.

No comments: