Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Old Old Old!


Damn it's cold today. I heard that it's supposed to snow this week. Yuk...I hate winter.....I hate New Mexico. This area gets SO cold. It's so flat that the frigid wind just rips through everything. Well...tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Nothing exciting for me, just a small family thing. I haven't been home for Thanksgiving or Christmas in a couple of years, so it will nice.

Talked to Scott last night on the phone. He makes me laugh...all his comic misadventures with girls, and just life in general. He has a really cute way of talking. He puts emphasis on certain words, and always uses my name when he's talking to me...it makes everything sound very dramatic...lol. I met him in Austin, where we began our friendship, but he actually lives in Houston. I want to fly to Houston to see him as soon as I can. The thought of driving there scares me. That city is too monstrously huge.

Last night, I was on gay.com chat, when out of the blue, I got a message...a guy wanting to chat. As it turns out, he is someone I've known since he was a baby. His grandparents lived next to the house I grew up in. He was telling me he wanted to chat with me, and then in the same breath, he told me he didn't date "older men!" I've NEVER been told such a thing! I'm not an "older man!" I still look like I'm in my 20's, I'm nice looking, I'm trim and healthy. All of my relationships have been with individuals alot younger with me. I didn't seek them out because of their age, it just happened that way. My sweet Melissa, in Austin, was 23. Her mother was a year older than me. Melissa would fume in jealousy! Melissa came Josh, Josh the Aryan Brother skinhead, not cool sweet Josh, my ex-roomie. Josh was 25. Both Melissa and Josh are great stories for another time. Neither these two, nor ANY of the guys I've dated...or ANYONE I've EVER met has refered to me as an "older man." They didn't see me as old. Oh well.....It doesn't really make me mad, it just shocked me, and at this point I can laugh about it.

No comments: