Wednesday, April 2, 2008



My love affair with the Scottish band Cocteau Twins began in the late 80s. They'd already been making their lush, intricately layered music for years by the time I came across them. I've followed them since then. To me they sound timeless...their music doesn't seem dated or "80's" at all. Liz Fraser has an incredible voice with a very unique range. She has a thick Scottish brogue, which combined with her own personal interpretion of her impressionistic, poetic lyrics, have caused us all to say at one time or another..."I can't understand a thing they're saying....but I love them!" I had the great opportunity to see them live in Santa Fe in 1996, which to my knowledge, was their last major tour. Cocteau fans are very loyal, however, and continue to carry the torch of devotion to this prolific band.

No comments: