Saturday, October 25, 2008

The most Wonderful-Horrible Thing!!!



I heard about this last week, but unbelievably, I forgot about it until just now. Rosie O'Donnell. Rosie O'Donnell is coming back to TV. Not only is she coming back to TV, she's coming back to TV with her own variety show! Oh Great Gods below! I've hated Rosie for years.....I hated her on her talk show, I despised her on "The View," and now......here she is again, bringing back a television genre that hasn't been seen in years! This new television turd is due to drop the night before Thanksgiving. It ought to fly like a bucket of shit launched from a catapult!! Bloggers everywhere will be salivating........

A variety show??? I'm thinking Sonny and Cher (outlandish costumes, bad skits....and future lesbian, Chastity!), Carol Burnett (a true classic, seriously), Laugh In (it had its moments), Dean Martin (belch), Donnie and Marie (what can one say.....I'm a little bit Country.....and I'm a little bit Rock 'n Roll....garg!) and two classic horrors....The Tony Orlando and Dawn Show and The Pointer Sisters Show.

Are Americans ready to embrace this format again? This is the age of the reality show. I admit I'm sick to death of reality shows. One of the most gruesome ones I've seen lately is "Gone Country" on CMT which attempts to make the washed up, crazy Sean Young (who becomes a train wreck before our very eyes!) a country star. Other cast members include, Sebastian Bach, some girl from American Idol I think, Irene Cara, Germaine Jackson?, and some guy from a 90's boy band. Here's a pic of poor Sean.....


Another lulu, also on CMT is called Outsiders Inn. Outsiders Inn stars Maurene McCormick, Bobby Browne(sans crack pipe!), and a large Carney Wilson.......let the hilarity ensue!!! Oh Marcia......MARCIA MARCIA MARCIA!!! Sorry....couldn't help myself.

I'm prone to tangents......sorry. Anyway, back to the Rosie Show. I can't even begin to imagine what it'll be like. I'm at a loss.....I can't even think of any possible guests or satirical scenarios....I like that, satirical scenarios. Did anyone see that Hallmark TV movie a couple years back called "Riding The Bus With My Sister?" It was, unbelievably, produced and directed by Angelica Houston. It starred an uncomfortable looking Andy McDowell........and oh yes, Rosie. Rosie played a braying, freakish retarded woman who apparently had jungle fever. Rosie's portrayal goes down in history as one of the worst, most obnoxious performances ever. I've noticed this trend before.....failing star wants to play a heart-warming, possibly award winning role, portrays a retard (Meredith Baxter-Berney, Mercedes Ruhl and Micky Rooney did it!). I hated Rosie before this but nothing can ever express the contempt I felt after witnessing "Riding The Bus With My Sister!" Witness the carnage below....judge for yourself....

And so.....on pins and needles...I wait. I wait..........I wait for that holy Night Before Thanksgiving to witness.........I don't know what. Won't you join me?


No comments: